Friday, October 13, 2006

Rubik's cube...

I've been kept occupied in my spare time by a Rubik's cube which I picked up from a stand in the just concluded Call Centre Expo in Birmingham. Shortly after reaching home I started playing around with it. In what can now be termed as a reckless act, I scrambled it horribly and have ever since been trying to solve it. I'm feeling humbled by this boy who seems to have got it rather fast, although I found out that it's not a world record (may be for his age). It appears that the best time for restoring the cube in an official championship was 12.11 sec by Shotaro Makisumi (Japan) at the Caltech Spring Tournament on 3 April 2004.


But then, I'm inclined to think that this could be a camera trick after all, designed to make me feel bad.

BTW, Rubik's cube celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2005 and is said to be the largest selling toy, with some 300,000,000 Rubik's Cubes and imitations sold worldwide. Wonder how many of them remained unsolved. :)

0 comments: